26550 Evergreen Rd.
Southfield, MI 48076
Contact us by email
The Reformed Presbyterian Church of North America (RPCNA) is a branch of the Visible Church of the Lord Jesus Christ.
We are Presbyterian in government and hold to the doctrines and principles of the Protestant Reformation of the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries, and, in particular, we testify to the duty of public covenanting by churches and nations. We accept the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as the Word of God, the supreme and infallible rule of faith and life, and its subordinate standards as “agreeable unto and founded upon” them. These subordinate standards are: The Westminster Confession of Faith; the Catechisms, Larger and Shorter; the Testimony of the Reformed Presbyterian Church of North America; the Directory for Church Government; the Book of Discipline and the Directory for Worship.
The first known organized congregation of the Reformed Presbyterian Church in America was that of Middle Octorara, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania (1738). The Reformed Presbytery was constituted in 1774 by ministers sent for that purpose: John Cuthbertson, who came from Scotland in 1752, and Matthew Linn and Alexander Dobbin, who came from Ireland in 1774. After its dissolution in 1782 the Reformed Presbytery of the United States of North American was constituted in 1798, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The Synod was constituted in 1809.
The RPCNA currently has 89 congregations (including mission stations) in 3 countries (79 in the United States, located in 23 different states, 5 in Canada, in Ontario and Quebec, and 5 in Japan). The congregations are organized into 7 Presbyteries. Our membership is currently around 6,500.
Foreign mission work of the RPCNA over the years has included Australia, China and Manchuria, Cyprus, Japan, Syria, Mexico, France, Yemen and Sudan.
We have fraternal relationships with the following churches around the world:
We also maintain membership in the North American Presbyterian and Reformed Council.
The RPCNA operates: